Saturday, June 1, 2013

Review: NEW Ulta Beauty Smoothie Sugar Scrub

Hello Again! I hope everyone has had an awesome Saturday!

Today I'm gonna do a review on the new Ulta Beauty Smoothie Sugar Scrub in the scent Butter Cream Cupcake.
This product is also available in two other scents, "Berrylicious" and "Pina Colada" and is regularly priced at $12.

The claims:
"This detoxifying, skin softening Sugar Scrub buffs your skin to provide a spa like experience in your bath or shower. Sweet sugar crystals and mineral rich sea salts combine with moisturizing coconut oil to gently exfoliate the skin, leaving it silky smooth with a healthy glow." 
 - Ulta.com

What I Found: 
So as stated above, this scrub contains "sweet sugar crystals, mineral rich sea salts, and moisturizing coconut oil." 
The exfoliating properties of this product comes from the sugar and salt. That being said, think of crushed rock/sea salt. Now think of the sugar you put in your coffee in the morning. Blend the two together and you have the exfoliating particles of this scrub. In other words, there are both smaller and larger pieces of exfoliant. I really enjoy that because I feel like its almost two in one, it really gets the job done. When you look at the product itself, you can see the different sizes as well as the scent beads that dissolve. But because it isn't all finely milled (one size), it is a bit more abrasive.

I do sense the coconut oil, not that I can smell it, (because you can't) but I can definitely feel it. While your exfoliating your skin, the sugars and salts begin to dissolve and your left with the slippery feeling of coconut oil. After rinsing, some of the oil is left behind and I did find that it hydrated my skin, but it also felt the slightest bit greasy. 

The Scent: This is a product I use at night for two reasons. One, so the coconut oil can absorb & Two, because of the scent. When I went into Ulta knowing I wanted to try this product out, I smelled all three different flavors/scents. This was my favorite out of the bunch, but it is very sweet. I wouldn't wear this in the day because the scent does linger after the product has been rinsed off and your out of the shower. I do enjoy the scent, but it's a bit too heavy to wear during the day. I know many people dislike very sweet scents, there for I try not to wear anything too overwhelming in the day time. It does smell like a butter cream cupcake but it has a bit of an artificial tang to it. I found it subtle and don;t really mind, but if you don't like uber sweet scents, maybe go for a different flavor?

All in All:
I wouldn't recommend it if you have more sensitive skin.
If you have dry/flaky/patchy skin this would work quite well. I also discovered, if you have rough heels or dry patches on your feet, this works nicely with continuous use, where as a pumice stone you may only need to use once.
The coconut oil does give your skin a "healthy glow" but I don't find it particularly detoxifying and I don't think it feels quite as pampering as a "spa like experience." However, I do recommend this product to those with drier skin. I myself prefer the Nivea Touch of Renewal Body Scrub, as that is currently my holly grail body exfoliant. (Let me know if you want a review) But I did truly enjoy this product and would consider repurchasing!

And just a heads up, Ulta Bath & Body products are on sale now, Buy 2 get 2 Free!

~Avaliable at Ulta and Ulta.com now.




xoxo,
Glimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment