Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Best E.L.F. Brushes! Mini Reviews and My Favorites:

Makeup brushes can be expensive if you decide to purchase them high end, but if you grab the good ones, you can get some really nice quality brushes for a low price!

E.L.F makes so awesome brushes. I'm not crazy about all of them, and some are better quality than others, but these are the ones I am absolutely in love with! Take a look:

These brushes start at a dollar. Yes you read right, $1!! These are 2 from the Essential Line that I highly recommend.

First, their Essential Eye Shadow Brush, just your basic, generic, ordinary eye shadow brush, is amazing. For $1, you can't go wrong. This brush packs the shadow on really nicely, and it's a good size, not too large, not too small.

The Essential Blending Brush which is again, $1, is a soft and perfect size brush for your crease. I don't think it's large or fluffy enough to blend, but it's just the right size and shape to define your crease and sweep shadow above your lashes!

Now moving onto their Studio line, these brushes are $3, & there are quite a few more brushes I have to rave about.

E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush: You NEED this brush. I can't say enough good things about this brush!... But you can ignore the name. It's dense and soft, perfect for liquid/cream/whipped foundation. I use it for BB Cream and tinted Moisturizer all the time. It's flexible, perfect for any powder. I use it to set my makeup as well. And it has a flat top, allowing it to buff any product, any formula, any consistency, flawlessly into the skin. It's amazing. Like I said, no matter what face product you use it for, you NEED it, because it's not JUST for powder. For $3 you will not find another brush this spectacular and not to mention, versatile.


E.L.F. Studio Small Stipple Brush: If you have, or ever plan to wear cream/whipped blush or rouge, you NEED this brush. Are you sensing a trend? I promise, I don't say you need anything very often, but E.L.F. makes some amazing quality brushes for an amazing price. And this one is just small enough, precise enough, and thick enough to blend the product in and make it look unbelievably natural and almost airbrushed. It can be used multiple ways, to apply multiple products. I also like the way it applies cream and liquid highlighters!

E.L.F. Studio Flawless Concealer Brush: I'm not gonna say you need this brush. But I need this brush, and you may find that you do too. I'll tell you why, I don't wear foundation on a regular basis, hardly ever. That being said I expect a lot from my concealers. And I think the way this brush applies concealer, improves the coverage it gives. It blends it in very delicately and doesn't buff it in harsh at all. If you use the right motion... it gives the appearance that the concealer melted into your skin. It's very natural and I love it for both cream concealers, and my Bare Minerals Summer Bisque powder concealer, because it's just fluffy enough to blend it in quickly, without looking powdery.

E.L.F Studio Small Tapered Brush: This is perfect for contouring the hollows of your cheeks, highlighting your temples and cheeks, hitting the small crevices of your face, and setting your under eye area. It's soft, on the smaller side, fluffy, and as it says in the name, tapered. The semi rounded top makes the product apply very softly, and creates a beautiful finish. This is a muti-use brush that's just super handy to have around.


Have you tried any? I'd LOVE to hear what you think!

xoxo,
Glimmer


2 comments:

  1. I've used the Essential Eyeshadow Brush but it's not my favorite. I found that it lost a lot of bristles and was a bit of a mess. it is a good size though since a lot of eyeshadow brushes with a similar shape are a bit smaller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for sharing! I have found that some of the Essential line brushes are a bit hit and miss. I have had problems with some, but never the eye shadow brush, and I own a couple. I really appreciate you commenting! Have a great day! :)

      Delete