Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Review: NEW Rimmel London Stay Glossy 3D Lip Gloss

A lip gloss... that makes your lips appear 3 Dimensional?
I feel like this could be either an amazing attempt or a total fail.
Take a look:

Rimmel launched a new collection of lip gloss that branched off from their original Stay Glossy Lip Glosses. Here is what the display looks like:

I personally LOVE the original Stay Glossy formula. The formulation of the original and the 3D is identical. What makes the 3D unique is the Duo-chrome, shimmery effect. Based on the different lighting, your lips give of different shimmery effects.

I picked up the shades "Back Row Smooch" No. 123, "Love at the Movies" No. 703, and after trying and loving those 2 shades, I went back and picked up"Lights, Camera, Action" No. 603! Lights, Camera, Action is not featured in this review, but it is a beautiful orange-y peach with gold shimmer. 

The Shimmer:
Some of the glosses have more shimmer than others. Overall they all have a noticeable amount, even the ones with less shimmer are not that subtle. 
The light catches these glosses beautifully. I love the effect. Each shade has a variation of shimmer, and some have more than one color of sparkles inside it, creating different effects. Although there is a decent amount of shimmer, you can't feel it on your lips. It's not griddy or harsh feeling.  

The Formula:
What I love about these lip glosses is they are not sticky. Rubbing my lips together the best way I can describe it is smooth. It feels very light weight and i'ts not uncomfortable. You don't notice it when talking, and it's not the type of gloss that gets stringy when you part your lips. It is extremely wearable and I feel like even if you don't like lip gloss, you may enjoy these! And if your not big on sparkle maybe the original Stay Glossy line will suit your fancy. 

The Applicator:
The wand on these glosses have a flat, paddle type sponge tip. It's similar to a standard doe foot applicator, but like I said, more flattened, and angled a bit, like a paddle. 



Staying Power:
The original Stay Glossy and the 3D both promise to last for 6 hours on the lips, hense the name "Stay Glossy." Ehhhh, that's not true. Without eating these glosses last on my lips for about 2 hours, 2 and a half MAYBE. So disregard the long wearing statement. Honestly, the wear time is just average. But I don't mind reapplying because the shades are gorgeous and they are so comfortable to wear!

Swatches:
I attempted to swatch them in different lightings, so you could see the effect the sparkle has when light hits.




Is it really 3D?
Whether on not it's 3D is... debatable. I'm not sure it's possible to make your lips appear 3 dimensional! But it does give a very pretty duo-chrome shine. So it doesn't matter to me! I'm happy with them anyway :)




Swatched on the lips:



Have you tried 'em? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Available at drugstores now.

xoxo,
Glimmer 





No comments:

Post a Comment