Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Review: Benefit POREfessional Face Primer

"Oil free, lightweight, translucent, and silky." That's how Benefit describes their POREfessional primer. If it's all those things, that sounds like perfection in a tube!

From Benefit:

Why we love it:

Quickly minimize the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin! Apply this silky, lightweight balm alone, under or over makeup. Translucent, oil-free formula complements all skintones and helps makeup stay put. Contains a Vitamin E derivative, known to protect skin from free radicals.

How to apply:

To use under makeup: Apply to clean, lightly moisturized skin. Pat on problem areas & blend with fingertips.

To use over makeup
: Pat on lightly over makeup & blend.

PRIME IN THE A.M.
Apply a thin layer of this PRO balm to clean, lightly moisturized skin. Pat lightly from the center of the face outward with fingertips. Wait seconds, then apply makeup as usual. Skin appears smooth & even…isn’t that what we’re all looking for?

APPLY WHENEVER PORES COME OUT OF HIDING
If pores reappear, pat delicately on T-zone over makeup & blend. The lightweight, oil-free formula means a beautifully refined complexion. Remember, just a dab’ll do ya!
info credit: Benefit

This is a silicone based primer, and it comes out of the tube kinda creamy. It's a flesh tone shade but it blends into the skin and becomes transparent. It does have a scent, a pretty... almost perfume like fragrance. The smell fades away as the primer melts into your skin.

I'm not sure if this primer actually makes a difference in the staying power of my makeup, but it does do a decent job hiding my pores and making my makeup apply smoothly and evenly. It doesn't keep my skin matte, so if you're looking for that, this isn't the primer for you. It doesn't promise to do so, but there are other primers that do help with oil control, and this isn't one of them.

What I think is particularly unique about this primer is that Benefit says you can apply it over your makeup if your pores become real visible. But if you applied before putting your makeup on, it should last shouldn't it? Hhmmm... I've never seen another primer advertise this, but hey, if it works, sounds good to me!
When I tested this, I wore my makeup for about 5 hours before I smoothed a small amount over my cheeks to fill in my (slightly more noticeable then before) pores. I think it made my face a appear more matte, but it didn't hide my pores. I expected makeup I was wearing to create a barrier between my skin and the new layer of primer. I was right. It absorbed into my skin, but it didn't penetrate my makeup and fill my pores. 

The tube packaging does get dirty rather easily, so please excuse the makeup that's on the tube!

I like this primer and I do think it preforms well. The only cons that impacts my decision to repurchase would be the $30 price point! Ouch... and the fact that it doesn't help with oil control. I don't know if I would repurchase this item because I do think there are a few less expensive alternatives that work just as well. 

But if you have a problem with pores, this works well. I do recommend! But like I said, I won't repurchase. 

xoxo,
Glimmer 

No comments:

Post a Comment