Thursday, July 11, 2013

Review: NYX Butter Glosses

NYX is one of those makeup brands that I think preform really similarly to high end products. When they released these new glosses a few months back, I nearly fell over with excitement 'cause well all know how much I LOVE lip products!


So... Are these a Do or Don't recommend!? 

NYX makes some really nice lip products. Their mega shine glosses are beautiful but I can't stand use them because of their scent. Some people love it but its really heavily cherry scented, and I reminds me of cough medicine! (Gak) But these butter glosses smell amazing! It's sweet and yummy like cake batter but its not overpowering. Don't worry, if you are sensitive to smell, it's not noticeable once you apply the gloss.

The two shades shown are Peach Cobbler and Vanilla Cream Pie.

Their consistency is thin and smooth they feel really nice on the lips. They have great pigmentation and look nice and glossy. They have no shimmer or glitter, and I love that their finish is so creamy. They look almost milky on your lips.

Top: Peach Cobbler
Bottom: Vanilla Cream Pie
They are super nourishing. I don't feel like I need to put on a lip balm before or after I wear these. After it wears away my lips feel smooth and hydrated. 

Because these aren't sticky and they don't have much tack to them, they last maybe 2 hours max. That's if you don't drink anything. I don't mind though because I actually enjoy reapplying them! 

 They have a standard does foot applicator that's nice and soft and easy to use.

Vanilla Cream Pie
Peach Cobbler 

On the lips swatches:
Top: Peach Cobbler
Bottom: Vanilla Cream Pie

These are definitely a DO recommend!!
Tired them? I'd love to hear what you think!

Xoxo,
Glimmer 

No comments:

Post a Comment