Friday, July 12, 2013

Shop My Stash... #1 part 2

You can view Part One here.
Let's jump in,

Eyes:
Although the picture may appear otherwise, I really haven't given much love to my Benefit Eye Bright in a while! My love for this product is endless. It's not too creamy, it's not too dry. It's the perfect texture. It's also the perfect color! I mean, hello!? Why hasn't another makeup company come out with a pale pink eye brightener like this? It's convenient, because all you do is draw it on. It's easy, because you only need your finger to blend. And lastly, the shade of this product is perfection. It's not a stark white, frosty or shimmer finish, it just looks so natural in the inner corner and just under your brow. You look more awake and you get a subtle depth to your eyes, even if you don't apply any other makeup that day! It's also nice to apply on your cupid's bow and blended out under your lower lash line to make your eyes look bigger!



Lips:
I mentioned in part 1 of Shop My Stash how there was a point in time I really loved the E.L.F. Glossy Glosses. But I now realize these aren't that extraordinary. Don't get me wrong, their not a bad product, but they just don't wow me. They have a okay constancy; smooth, thick, and a bit sticky. They have a slight sent but it's not bothersome. One thing that sets these apart is the brush tip applicator, instead of your typical doe foot. You don't see many drugstore glosses with a wand like these. Sadly, my main problem with these is that. The wand. As you can see in the picture, the bristles don't stay together. They spread out and look bizarre. It doesn't make applying them harder really, just uncomfortable. The bristles pointing in different directions kinda poke at your lips and feel scratchy. Unfortunately I wouldn't really recommend these, but they aren't the worst.



Top: Tangy Tangerine
Bottom: Pink Candy 
Face:
I normally get along well with Rimmel's face products. They make good quality products that are affordable and work well with my skin. For the most part. I hoped that after giving this another try I'd love it. Sadly, I'm still not crazy about it for the same reasons I wasn't before. When I apply it, if I take too long to blend it, the product gathers and rolls off my skin almost. It looks as if it's peeling off my face? It's hard to explain but I think the pictures show what I'm trying to say. It's very unattractive and takes extra time to correct. This happens no matter how I apply it. I've used my fingers, brushes, and my beauty blender and I still get the same result. I really wanted to like this because I've heard lots of good things about it from other people, and other than these troubles I really liked everything else about it. I'll use it up but I won't be repurchasing.


Shade: LIGHT

Rimmel's BB Cream is the only product applied in this picture


I'm sorry this isn't the most flattering picture!

Random:
I've used over half the bottle of my Boots No. 7 Expert Sensitive Gentle Refreshing Toner. This is nice because it is gentle and refreshing and I'm sure this would work great if you have sensitive skin. I won't repurchase because I need a deep clean feeling from my skin care and this was to gentle for me. I couldn't feel it working... and I prefer my products to be just harsh enough for me to know they're doing something. I'm sure this would be great for many of you who don't want that deep clean feeling, especially if you have sensitive skin!


Until next time,

xoxo,
Glimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment