Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Review: Maybelline FIT ME Shine-Free Foundation Stick:

Hey guys!

Today I've got my review on the new Maybelline FIT ME Shine Free Foundation Stick. Maybelline is one of my favorite drugstore brands, so when they come out with something new, I'm definitely one to try it.

I purchased shade 130 and it matches my skin well.

Let me start by saying I don't normally wear foundation. A tinted moisturizer or BB Cream maybe, but I just don't feel I need something heavy coverage in my skin. But for some reason, this product sparked my interest. Possibly because I have combination-oily skin, which this product is marketed towards.

Maybelline Claims: "Our first gel stick foundation with an anti-shine core. Fresh gel foundation blends to a flawless matte finish. Lightweight powders in the anti-shine core instantly dissolve excess oil." Available in 12 shades. 

As you can see in the pictures below, this product does have a solid, clear-ish white core surrounded by foundation. Maybelline claims this is an Anti-Shine core. 





Is that false advertising? 

I normally apply a primer under all my face products to smooth out my skin and minimize my pores. With a primer on, I didn't have a problem with saying power. It lasted all day until I used makeup remover to take it off.
I didn't test it without primer, but I did test it with and without setting powder. I do get oily in my T-Zone, so with out powder I expected to see some shine coming through, even though it claims to be shine free. Today is was 112 degrees outside and I did notice I got shiney, But it wasn't extreme at all, and normally, without powder, I would be a hot mess! So I definitely think the anti-shine properties work to control oil for a little while, but a light dusting of setting powder would probably help out! 


Shade 130
I didn't particularly find the texture of this product "gel" like. It's more of a cream. It does blend to a matte finish, and it's very light weight. I love that. You don't feel like you have on a foundation and when you touch your face you don't get that excess foundation or cakey feel. 

I also wanted to mention that this is not the foundation to use a sponge or beauty blender to apply. I found that when I did, it didn't cover as well and was harder to blend out.
My preferred method of application is my Sigma F80 or F82


I think Maybelline did a really great job with this one!


You have to play with it a while, but after a couple applications you will get the trick.

Before you run out and buy it, I just want to get something out in the open. Stick foundations aren't for every one. 

I'm glad Maybelline marketed this towards oily skin, because if your skin is dry, this won't work for you. Adter testing it a while, I found it may cling to dry patches you may have, or any flaky skin on your face. You really don't want to emphasize that aspect of your skin, so if that's a concern for you, I'd say skip it. 


Hope I was helpful =) I like this product and hope you do too! 

xoxo,
Glimmer <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment