Friday, August 2, 2013

Back To School! Locker & Backpack Essentials.

I know for some, back to school is dreadful. But for me, I always loved coming back and seeing all my friends and meeting my teachers, mock me I know :)

But I thought it would be fun to do a back to school series, and this is my "Locker Essentials." 

For beauty first, I never was and will not ever be someone who will say "bring all your makeup to school." Nah. Nope. It shouldn't be done. Honestly no one has time to reapply their makeup during the day, and if ya put it on in the morning you shouldn't need to lug your foundation, brow products, mascara, and blush to school. And even if you do have time, don't be that girl doing her makeup in the girls bathroom. 

That being said, I do think there are a couple products worth having on hand just in case.

1) Powder. If you get shiny through out the day powder can wear off. I always find myself reapplying powder so I always keep it with me. 

2) A concealer. Concealer can wear off during the day (especially if it's applied over a blemish) and it's good to have one for when you need touching up. 

3) Hand sanitizer. This is absolutely necessary for me. I love the Bath and Body Works Pocket Back hand sanitizers. They are great and they smell super awesome. 

4) Tweezers. I just find these handy to have when needed. They serve a variety of functions and you never know when you might need them!

5) Lotion. My hands always get dry. I keep lotion with me so I don't have that tight feeling all day long. 

6) Mini Deodorant. This is a life saver. Always want one of these close by! 

For the more academic related tips:

1) Have a planner/agenda. I have one of these and I would die without it. I'm a very organized person and I adore having all my lists, tasks, assignments, and reminders all in one place.

2) Stock up on led. (if you use mechanical pencils) No one wants to give away their led, so make sure you have enough that you won't run out

3) Keep a hand held pencil sharpener with you. 

4)Phone charger. My phone always dies when I need it, so having a charger is helpful.

Have a great first day of school and keep and eye out for more back to school posts!

xoxo,
Glimmer

2 comments: