Thursday, August 1, 2013

July Loves and Let Downs!

I'm gonna start with the trash... because who likes to end things on a negative note!?

But first I have to say this, just putting it out there (annoying I know). But just because these products didn't work out for me, doesn't mean they won't/don't for you! Everyone has different tastes, preferences, sensitivity, skin type, hair type, lash type, likes, dislikes... I could go on for ages. So please know these are MY personal opinions and I just want to share them with you so if we have any of the above personality traits in common, you know what products to stay clear of! Not trying to offend anyone. 

Whhheew! Glad to get that out of the way! Moving right along...

Let Downs:

It's so frustrating when you try a product that you really hope to love and you just don't! That's why I'm so upset to say I simply hate the NYX Cream Eyeshadows. The ease of this product drew me in and I thought to myself... "How cool would it be to have an eyeshadow like this, that u swipe on, then smooth in, then be done!?" So cool would it have been! But this just didn't work for me. The product separates and clumps up when you blend it. And you have very little time to play with it because it dries quickly. I just don't love this. *Sigh* 
Loves:

Ioni 8hour Wear Eyeshadow Primer:
Okay, can I just say how excited I am about this! I'm tingling inside. Whilst I was on my mini vacation last month I discovered a new love. I have an entire post on the brand and such here. But the product I speak of is the BEST eye primer I have EVER tried. Ioni's 8hour Wear Eye Primer is magnificent. I have an entire review of me doing nothing but raving about it. If you can't find this product near you, I urge you to place an order over the phone. Did I mention it's $2! TWO. It will be the best $2 you ever spend. 




Bare Minerals Pure Radiance:
I actually got this product as a sample size, but I have a feeling it will last me a while.
Bare Minerals describes this as an all over face product that provides skin with a "golden peach sheen." They say you can use it to "illuminate you cheeks, forehead, and chin for an instant goddess glow." I personally don't use it on my forehead or chin, but it's a beautiful summery highlight on the cheeks, and I also like dusting it on my eye lids when I don't wear shadow. It looks beautiful when it catches the light and it's the perfect golden shade for summer! I shot the pics in 2 different lightnings so you could see the different effects. 

                                 



I have been loving the very new PONDS BB Cream. I would have to say this is one of my favorite BB Creams thus far. It offers coverage, but it's still light and the finish is gorgeous  It blends like a dream and last on my skin all day. As always I have to set my makeup with a power to keep shine free, but I also feel like this hydrates my skin without a dewy finish. It's not shiny or greasy and I can't say enough good things about it!


Lastly is a non-makeup but still totally worth mentioning favorite. Bath and Body Works fall candles are now out and about! Although summer is not over I'm so excited for fall! (as I have mentioned more than once!) And my all time favorite fall candle is Bath and Body Works Pumpkin Cupcake. I can't even describe how delicious this smells. I swear I burn this from August to January. It's sweet but not too overpowering, it has those notes of spices fall is all about, of course a pumpkin like essence, and I swear if i was eating a home-made pumpkin cupcake it would smell just like this! 



Do Recommend!!

Talk to you soon, 

xoxo,
Glimmer 



No comments:

Post a Comment