Thursday, August 1, 2013

Review: The BEST Eye Primer EVER (IONI 8hour Wear Eye Primer)

Long time no talk! I missed writing and I'm glad to be be back! I have a few very fun posts coming up for you guys, and I apologize for my absence. I guess life just caught up! 

But while I was overwhelmed with less Glimmer related subjects, I discovered a new love! I did a haul and an explanation post on the IONI makeup line. This was one of the items I hauled and I'm so excited to finally get to sit down for this review! 

I love this eyeshadow primer. Dare I use the words... Holy Grail!? 

I think I do.

                           

I am so in love with the performance of this primer. But I want to start off by saying I use this for POWDER PRODUCTS ONLY! 

This product has a white doe foot applicator, which is nice for easy application. I know some people prefer squeeze tube type products but I myself am fine with either.

                                

The product inside is a smooth clear formula that leaves no color behind what so ever! 

This claims to be an 8hour wear product but I've worn it for 10 and it still looks as amazing as it was when I first applied my eye makeup. And even then I'm sure I could have worn it on for longer.

The consistency of this product is really smooth. Once it sets on your eye for a few seconds it develops a tacky feeling. At first I thought this might be an issue, but that's what makes this so amazing! The shadow instantly clings to the primer and it stays ALL DAY. It also doesn't crease or fade and even though the primer is clear, it still intensifies the shadow! 

I think this is also one of the best primers for loose pigments. Nothing can make applying a pigment product to your eye than this.

Now the only con to this product, as I mentioned before, is I can only use it with powder products. It's very hard to blend a cream shadow over your lid, because of that tack it has. The primer will move with the cream product and then it looks cakey. Although this is an amazing powder shadow primer, I skip it when I want to use creams.

Top: Shadow with Primer
Bottom: Shadow NO Primer
As you can see below, this primer doesn't let the shadow budge. In the smudge test below, I rubbed on my hand pretty forcefully and the swatch with primer barely moved.

(I used the shade Serious from The Balm's Nude 'Tude Palette.)


Top: Shadow with Primer
Bottom: Shadow NO Primer

I loved this product so much I purchased a back up before I left Texas!

Definitely Holy Grail! Do Recommend!

xoxo,
Glimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment