Sunday, September 1, 2013

August Loves & Let Downs

It's the first of the month again, so that means it's time for my monthly favorites!

Starting with face, I have been loving then EcoTools Domed Bronzer Brush. The handle of this is so fat, it stands up on its own. But obviously, that's not why I love this. The bristles are very thick and slightly dense, and super duper soft. It's marketed to be used for bronzer, but I use it for powder and buffing/blending all powder products.


This is a half favorite? If that's even possible. The Trish McEvoy Highlighter and Bronzer Duo, (that I've had for ages!) is a half way love because I only like 1/2 of this product. This was actually gifted to me a while back and I've had it for so long I don't even know if they still make it. But I love the highlighter part of this duo. It's shimmery and looks gorgeous on the cheeks! The bronzer however is really orange-y and you have to be cautious and use a light hand. 





My next cheek related product is my NYX Blush in Bourgeois Pig. Funny name right? I laugh at every silly name across the board... don't even get me started on NARS & TooFaced! But it's a beautiful fushia-y pink color and it looks so pretty on the cheeks. NYX"s blushes are amazing in general and I know I've mentioned them way more than once. I've been loving this very girly colored pink this month and if you like pink blushes you'll love this one!




I love Rimmel's Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Liners. That's a mouthful. But if you can get over the annoyingly long name the product is fantastic. I don't know what it is but I've been on a taupe craze lately and this is one of the products that makes me thing the craze shall continue. I'd never thought about using a taupe eyeliner before. It looks so soft and natural but its still dark enough to be dramatic if you want. I love how versatile it is. I could wear this on a day with no other eye makeup, a more natural look, of a deep smokey eye. It compliments them all. The shade is No. 004 Taupe by the way :)




My last love this month is a new eye makeup remover I bought on a whim the other day at Ulta. The Lumene Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover is the only Lumene product I've ever tried and I'd never heard anything about this product. I don't know what made me go for this one, but I'm so glad I did. This is suitable for eyes and lips and is made with 100% Organic Arctic Linen Seed. I have no idea what that is, but hey, it does it's job. It's paraben and alcohol free as well. The only thing it's not, is oil free. And I know many people feel they need to buy oil free eye makeup remover only. I myself use a makeup wipe and cleanse my face after removing my makeup so I don't mind it not being oil free. It removes my makeup easily and doesn't tug or burn. I will definitely repurchase!



My last product to tell you about is sadly, not a favorite. I had really high hopes for, and was expecting to love the ELF Waterproof Eyeliner Pen. What makes this unique is this is one of the first three pronged liners to be seen at the drugstore. I really love the idea behind this type of liner and I enjoyed the product for about 2 days before it dried out. Really, I don't hate the product, just the packaging. At first I thought I had not pushed the cap on hard enough so it dried out. Considering I liked it and it was only $2 I decided to pick up another one. The same thing happened after about a day or 2, and then the liquid liner started seeping out through the middle of the pen. I was really disappointed and do not recommend!



What have you been loving this month? Have any recommendations? Tell me in the comments below!

xoxo,
Glimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment