Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Review: NEW Clean&Clear Morning Burt Gel Moisturizer (comparison)

I was SUPER excited to try this brand new moisturizer Clean&Clear released this month. If you haven't spotted it yet, don't worry, it's coming! 

I have combo/oily skin so I prefer to use gel moisturizers rather than lotions and cream. That's why I was dying to give this one a go. Clean&Clear is one of my favorite skin care brands and I use a few of their products in my daily routine. 



At the top in the picture above is the Clean&Clear Moisturizer. At the bottom is the Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel Moisturizer for dry skin. (I use this at night because it's just a tad more hydrating than the original) As you can see Clean&Clear's is a transparent white-ish shade. The consistency between the two is very very similar.

Another similarity between the 2 is they both smell amazing. Clean&Clears is a fruity, melon-y, cucumber scent where Garnier's is a semi-fruity refreshing scent.

This product comes in a generous sized squeeze tube and contains 3 oz. of product.

I find this is best to use in the morning. It's light weight, and cooling to wake you up. It doesn't make my skin feel greasy at all and it absorbs into my skin fairly quickly. It's a slightly thin consistency and after you blend it in a bit it feels like you're smoothing slightly thick water into your face. I know that sounds odd but what I'm trying to explain is that it's very refreshing, like water, and feels like water, instead of oils or creamy solutions.

As far as hydration goes, I like this as a light splurge in the morning to refresh, wake me up, and hydrate my face slightly before I apply my makeup. I use the word slightly because it's so light weight, it's not the moist hydrating moisturizer. The Garnier version is a bit more moisturizing, both the oily and dry skin versions, but I think this is great for the morning because it's not overly hydrating.

I do really like this product and recommend it for oily skin as a lighter morning time moisturizer as the name initials.

Tell me about your favorite moisturizer down below!

xoxo,
Glimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment